Keywords: Priva III, Priva IIA, 318, TC318, short range, audio cuts
Key Questions to Ask:
- What is the brand and model of the Bluetooth headphone/speaker that you pair to Avantree adapter?
- Did you pair the Avantree adapter to TWO headphones/speakers at the same time or only ONE?
- What range are you having in single link? in dual link?
- Do you have other wireless devices around, e,g, Wifi router, Chromecast stick, Roku stick?
- Is there any obstacle between the adapter and your headphone/speaker?
- Did you try clearing paired history of both the adapter and headphone/speaker?
Priva III/IIA adopts Class 1 technology, its work range reaches up to 100ft/30m, which may varies due to different environment.
If you experience a very short range, here are some troubleshooting tips:
Solution 1: Reset BOTH devices and pair again -
Occasionally a Bluetooth pairing can connect but for some reason it's unstable. To fix this try clearing the pairing history of BOTH the Priva III/IIA and your Bluetooth enabled device.
Please reset your other Bluetooth device (headphones/speaker) also according to your user manual. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP.
If you are not sure how to and cannot find the manual, pls search google.com with your device 'brand+model+clear pairing history' and most likely you can find it there
Solution 2: Move away any potential Wireless Interference Devices
Other wireless devices in the vicinity of the Adapter may be affecting its range. To check whether this is the case try isolating the Priva III/IIA by temporarily turning off all other nearby wireless devices such as an Apple TV, a Chromecast stick, a Roku stick, any other RF audio transmitters etc.
Except short range, WIFI router will also cause static sound.
Move away from these devices or use extend cable to keep 1m / 3 feet in between.
Solution 3: Check the Operation range of the other Bluetooth device
Work range is decided by devices on BOTH ends. TWS earbuds and other small, compact devices often have miniaturized internal antennae which can impact the overall range. Please test the work range of the other end device is ok - test it with your smart phone.
Solution 4: Avoid Physical Obstructions
Operation range can be affected by physical obstructions (walls, people, etc.)
Try to keep the space between the transmitter and the receiver antenna clear and ideally, within LINE of SIGHT of each other. We know this is hard in some houses. Wireless signals travels like lights and bounces on walls. You may test different placements to achieve the best result.
Do not place the Priva III/IIA behind your TV or sound bar.
Solution 5. Make sure your receiving / transmitter Bluetooth device is not interfered by other Bluetooth device
Sometimes, if your Bluetooth headphone is under multi-link, e.g. also linked or try to reconnect with a previous paired cellphone, it will impact the connection also. So you can double check and make sure other Bluetooth devices are all turned off.
If you successfully reset both devices, this issue should be excluded.
Solution 6: Test and confirm the audio cut is not caused by internet speed limit
If you experience audio cuts when watching an online source, pls test again with local source and see whether the range issue still exist. If not, the cause of the issue could be internet speed related.
Solution 7. Separate those cables.
Keep the audio cable connecting the transmitter and your audio source separate from other cables, do not tangle it with other cables, e.g. TV power cable.
If above solutions do not help, there is a chance the Priva III/IIA you have is an outlier item. We will then arrange to send you a replacement. Pls contact firstname.lastname@example.org asap for this then.
Please see the following real-life test results for range when the Priva III is used with some popular Bluetooth headphones on the market >
1) Connected to a pair of over-ear headphones
- Priva III + 1 x Avantree Audition Pro: 30m/98ft(outdoor), 20m/65ft (indoor)
- Priva III + 1 x Bose QC35 I/II: 56m/183ft(outdoor), 20m/65ft (indoor)
- Priva III + 1 x Sony WH-1000MX2: 20m/65ft (outdoor/indoor)
- Priva III + 1x Plantronics Back Beat Pro：20m/65ft (outdoor/indoor)
2) Connected to a pair of small earbuds
- Priva III + 1 x Avantree NB16: 18m/54ft(outdoor), 20m/65ft (indoor)
- Priva III + 1 x AirPods: 20m/65ft (indoor)
3) Dual connection with two over-ear headphones
- Priva III + 2 x Avantree Audition Pro: 20m/65ft (outdoor/indoor)
- Priva III + 2 x Bose QC35 I/II: 30m/98ft(outdoor), 20m/65ft (indoor)
4) Dual connection with two pair of small earbuds
- Priva III + 2 x Avantree NB16: 2m/6ft(outdoor), 5m/16ft(indoor)