Keywords: Leaf, DG50, range, short, cut, noise, distance, audio cut, long range
The Avantree Leaf uses a Class 1 CSR chipset specified at 20m/60ft in an OPEN SPACE environment without any walls or floors in the way.
Here are some common causes of short range / audio dropping out for the Leaf.
- The range depends on BOTH the receiving and the transmitting device. Please test your receiving Bluetooth device with a mobile phone to confirm the range is acceptable.
- An UNSTABLE Bluetooth connection can cause range and audio issues. Please reset/clear the pairing history of BOTH DEVICES and re-pair/connect them again.
- To reset the Leaf - https://support.avantree.com/hc/en-us/articles/213209986
- To reset the receiving Bluetooth device - please refer to your user manual, or search for it online
- If you've plugged the Leaf into a USB 3.0 port, please change to another (preferably non 3.0) USB port. The USB 3.0 standard has known interference issues with Bluetooth.
- If you're watching videos or streaming music from an ONLINE source, please make sure the audio drop out issue is not caused by slow network speed.
- Unstable power output from the USB port can also cause range and audio issues. If you're using a desktop computer, please try a USB port on the back of the computer using the extension cable. You can also try using a USB hub with a power adapter.
If you still have issues after trying/checking all of the above suggestions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know the issues. We'll help to troubleshoot or replace the unit for you if required. Thanks.