Setting up your tracker with Windows app!
set up your tracker using the Windows App for PCs and Mobile devices.
For Windows 10 PC:
If you don’t have a mobile device, you can set up and sync your tracker on your Windows 10 PC using the same Fitbit app available for Windows mobile devices.
To get the app, click the Start button and open the Windows Store (called Store). Search for “Fitbit app.” Note that if you’ve never downloaded an app from the store to your computer, you’ll be prompted to create an account.
Open the app and follow the instructions to create a Fitbit account and set up your tracker. You can set up and sync wirelessly if your computer has Bluetooth. If your computer doesn't have Bluetooth or the Bluetooth signal is weak or problematic:
- Plug the wireless sync dongle that came with your tracker into a USB port on your computer. Fitbit Surge requires that the dongle is plugged in.
- If you have a Fitbit Blaze, put the tracker into the charging cradle and plug the other end into a USB port on your computer.
For Windows 8.1:
If you don’t have a compatible mobile device, you can set up your tracker with a computer running Windows 8.1 or below. To use this setup method you’ll first install a free software application called Fitbit Connect that lets your tracker sync its data with your fitbit.com dashboard.
To install Fitbit Connect and set up your tracker:
- Insert the wireless sync dongle into a USB port on your computer. If you have a Fitbit Blaze, which doesn't come with a dongle, we recommend upgrading to Windows 10 before continuing. You can also buy a wireless sync dongle from the Fitbit Store.
- Go to http://www.fitbit.com/setup.
- Scroll down and click the option to download. If the button does not correctly show your type of computer (for example, if it says “Download for Mac”), choose the correct type, then click the button.
- When prompted, save the file that appears.
- Find and double click the file (FitbitConnect_Win.exe). The Fitbit Connect installer opens.
- Click Continue to move through the installer.
- When prompted, choose Set up a New Fitbit Device.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to create a Fitbit account and connect your tracker.
Note that the personal information you’re asked for during account setup is used to calculate your basal metabolic rate (BMR), which helps determine your estimated calorie expenditure. This information is private unless you go into your Privacy settings and opt to share age, height, or weight with Fitbit friends.