The transmitter and headphone within HT4186 set is LOCKED to each other, they should auto reconnect once both devices are powered up and turned on.
Once connected, 1)Headphone say “ Your device is connected”. 2) close to A on the transmitter and LED on the headphone turn SOLID BLUE. 3)"FS" on Audikast lights up.
If not connected, refer to
If connected, but no sound, please help check>
- Audio Out Ports correct?
- TV Setting is good?
Check Audio Out Ports
Please check whether you have one of these three ports. Audikast works well with any of these three types.
- Digital / Optical Output (Fig 1.) - Correct!
- Red / white RCA ports marked as Output (Fig 2.) - Correct!
- Headphone jack /AUX out (Fig 3.) - Correct!
- Red / White RCA ports with NO mark of Output (Fig 4 / 5.) - Wrong!
Fig 1. Fig 2.Fig 3. Fig 4.
NOTE: If you watch internet programs like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon prime, etc., audio signal WILL NOT go through CABLE BOX. Please plug Audikast on TV.
Check TV Setting
1. RCA / AUX connection
Make sure you change your TV audio OUT setting to "External Speakers" (if using RCA Audio OUT ) or "Headset" (if using AUX/3.5mm OUT).
Note : Plug a wired ear buds into the TV headphone jack or RCA audio out (via an adapter), check if you can hear sound. If no sound, then the TV is not outputing the right signal now.
2. Optical Connection
1)Ensure your TV audio format is set to “PCM” or "DOLBY/DTS" is OFF. For how to, refer to How to set TV Audio Format/PCM. If you have other TV models, you can google "TV Brand, TV model, audio output". Or you can contact TV manufacture for reliable support. Check the contact info at the end.
2) Change your TV audio OUT setting to “External Speaker” or "Audio out/optical".
3)If you still experience no sound while watching Amazon/Netflix programs:
- Go into the program such as Netflix and adjust the audio settings to export with PCM.
- If possible, change to AUX or RCA connection.
- If the above two steps do not work, you may need to have one Digital Analog Converter that can decode DOLBY/DTS： https://www.amazon.com//dp/B008EPW7O0
If still cannot solve the issue, pls email firstname.lastname@example.org (24h reply)
Tel. 1 (800) 243-0000
Email or Chat from here: https://www.lg.com/us/support/chat-and-email-information